Friday, July 13, 2007

Simple Pleasures: Vanilla Ice Cream, Chocolate Fudge and Strawberries, Oh My!

Last night, after eating a delicious pizza from Pauline's (we ordered a medium meat special with hot coppa, orange bergamot and provolone cheese, all on a cornmeal crust. Amazing!) I decided I wanted to have a few scoops of the leftover vanilla ice cream we made on the Fourth of July, topped with hot fudge sauce. Our friend Amy had given us a jar of fudge, and for some reason, I was craving the combination of the two. I served myself three scoops of ice cream, warmed up the chocolate fudge, and sat down to enjoy my dessert. I couldn't help think of my dad eating a bowl of ice cream in front of the TV.

And guess what happened next? Lou save the day! He announced that he was going to cut up the strawberries he had bought for me to use to make a strawberry-rhubarb pie and drizzle them with chocolate. As he began to cut up the strawberries, he asked me if I'd like a few strawberries to go with the ice cream and fudge I was already eating. I nodded enthusiastically, and after a threw a few cut strawberries into my bowl, I discovered yet again the simple pleasure of the sweet combination of strawberries, chocolate and cream. Heavenly!

No comments: