Saturday, July 21, 2007

Lemon Sabayon Tart, from the French Laundry Cookbook

Well, I still have not yet written up the story of my experiences over the last couple of months at The French Laundry. Perhaps now that I've brought it up on Foodphiles, my readership will demand that I tell the full story. Until then, you'll have to make due with a short story--along with a few photos--about making the easiest recipe in the French Laundry cookbook .

Flipping through the cookbook, which Lou gave me about a month ago, I was immediately drawn to the recipe Lemon Sabayon-Pine Nut Tart with Honeyed Mascarpone Cream. Not only is it easy relative to many of the other recipes, but the combination of flavors stood out as light, fresh and endlessly pleasing. Keller's recipe calls for a making a pine nut crust, filled with lemon sabayon (kind of a lemon curd) and topped off with a scoop of honey mascarpone whipped cream. How could you possibly go wrong with such a combination of flavors?

Here are a few photos:

Amy and me before browning the tart under the broiler.



A perfect match!



At last! The tart with whipped cream and a gardenia from the garden.

No comments: