Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Pork Tenderloin with Jesse's Spiced Prunes



Dinner tonight: grilled Marin Sun Farms pork tenderloin with spiced prunes and arugula with grilled green garlic.

Last Christmas, Jesse gave us a jar of spiced prunes, which he made from the Zuni Cafe Cookbook. I've been waiting for the opportunity to pair them with some pork, and tonight I decided to grill a piece of tenderloin we bought at the farmer's market on Saturday.

The preparation for the pork could not have been less simple. I rubbed the pork with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary and grilled it for about 10 minutes per side. I ended up cooking the meat medium well, which was slightly more than I would have preferred, but with the spiced prunes, the flavors of the pork and rosemary were still delicious. Thanks Jesse!

No comments: